Red Devil Worshipers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Can't Wait Until Tomorrow

It is with the utmost anticipation that I wait for tomorrow; Friday is the day and I have decided to drive the Green Goblin to work. I plan to wake at 5:00 AM, eat shower, dress, feed my Bulldog Sammy, then venture out to the driveway. First, I slip into the driver's seat and feel that cool chill of the leather caress of the bucket seat on my back. Insert the key, push the clutch pedal and WOW, the engine will come to life. I then move out of the Goblin and back to my other vehicle, start it and move it to the street, with nary a second glance. I will return to the purring Goblin and again resume the position behind the wheel and slowly put her into gear, easing out of the driveway, out onto the street. Carefully edging to the curb and quickly returning to the other vehicle, whereby I mechanically place it back to its new position. Again, with not even as much as a, "see ya." I will then go back to the dream, the 315 horsepower angel on four wheels, settle in, adjusting the radio, satellite radio tuned to AC/DC, head off to work. As I look forward to this ritual, a homage to vintage speed, I lament the fact that I am not there now.

Well, 12:55. Only 4 more hours until take off. God night Goblin.

To Speed. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice car. You can't go wrong with the Mustang. I drive a Mustang GT convertible with the California Special Package. You've got me beat by 15 horsepower, but I can put the top down, so its a wash.