Red Devil Worshipers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It was Just Gas

Follow up from my last post, in which I queried about fuel injection problems. I took the Green Goblin, 2700 miles, to the Ford dealer for regular servicing and to check the possible fuel injection problem I had. The diagnostic was negative for any problems and the service rep said that the cause was probably the octane level of the gas I was using. The service rep indicated that if I was cruising the Bullitt at "grandpa" speeds, 87 was fine. However, if I would be, kicking it into overdrive, very now and again I would need 89 or 91. I was even informed that Union 76 carries 100 octane at some of their So. Cal. stations. This was recommended as a, "once in a while," choice to clean out the fuel injectors of any built-up gunk. So far, so good. Today, I ran it almost empty and replaced the empty tank with 89 from Union 76. The next fill-up, I will find that 100 octane and give her a good gas enema.

To speed. . .

No comments: