Red Devil Worshipers

Monday, February 23, 2009

It's All About the Gas

I have now seen that the octane value really does seem to make a difference in the engine performance of my Bullitt. I started using 87, as advised by the dealer and by Ford, however, I immediately noticed problems. As I have referenced in my previous blogs, I experienced power loss, stalling, poor starting, and seemingly, clogged fuel injectors. When analyzed, the dealer could find no problem with the fuel injectors or related problems. At that point, I began using 91 and 93 only, which seemed to do the job. My next service visit I need to have my IAC, (Idle Air Control Valve), checked to see if that is bad. Ruling that out, it would seem to come back to the fuel. I was told, by a friend, that Union 76 sells 100 octane at a select few of their station in and around L.A. I'm told that the 100 octane is good to fill up with every once in a while, in order to, "cleanse," the fuel injectors. We shall see?

To Speed. . .

No comments: