Red Devil Worshipers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Who Would Have Thunk it?

Well, I have been so sick to my stomach for the last week, that I could not bring myself to enter a follow up to my last entry. However, now that the shock has worn off, I guess I can divulge it. I went back to the Lil Red Devil the day after my last entry and to my shock and horror found that the transmission had taken a CRAP! Shifted into reverse and heard a clicking noise, so I stopped and shifted into first. Again, louder clicking/pseudo-grinding. I could not believe it! I was so pissed, that I just parked her back in the drive way, locked the door and I have not driven her since. I made the call to my mobile Corvair mechanic and he should be over to look at her this week sometime. I had a sneaking suspicion that this was developing, but was hoping against hope that I was wrong. Oh, well, I need to try to put a positive spin on all of this; I will have a new, reliable transmission now, at least. I will see if I can still afford the other minor fixes, i.e. tune-up and cooling shrouds.

UPDATE, 08/04/2010, 1530:
What a DUMB-ASS I am! I went out to take a look at the Lil' Red Devil and while figuring out what was wrong, my friend took a look under her belly and found that the rear sway bar had come loose. It wasn't the transmission at all, but the sound of the sway bar scrapping the ground. Well, yes I am a moron, but at least it is not the transmission.

To Style. . .

No comments: